VICTORIA | Academy of Languages
Information regarding our German classes and language exams
What you should know about our languages course and exams
VICTORIA | Academy of Languages
General information for our (German) classes in Berlin
- Minimum age (group courses): 16 years. Exceptions on request (email@example.com) and in online training.
- Implementation guarantee, minimum number of participants: Confirmed courses will be implemented even if the minimum number of participants (4 persons) is not reached. The number of hours booked will be reduced by 25% (two and three participants) and 50% (one participant). To compensate for this, a different group course can be taken. In exceptional cases, the maximum number of participants can be exceeded, and the participants are free to take another course of the same level.
- Class holidays: March 8, April 15, April 18, May 26, June 6, October 3; cancelled classes will be compensated – if requested in writing no later than 15:00 on the previous day – at the end of the course or by attending practical and evening classes. Cancelled evening classes and individual lessons will automatically be made up, no request is necessary.
- Holidays: December 26 – December 30, 2022; no vacation request needs to be submitted for these days; the booked class period will automatically extend by one week. Please do not forget to extend your room rental if necessary. Individual lessons are available upon request.
- Individual “vacation”: the booked lessons will be extended by the duration of the vacation requested and confirmed in writing; for this purpose, please write exclusively to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intensive courses: two weeks (Monday-Friday) “vacation” per course quarter (12 course weeks); application no later than Thursday, 4:00 p.m., before “vacation” begins. “Vacation” must be requested for at least one full course week (Mon-Fri). Please do not forget to extend your room rental if necessary.
- Individual lessons, corporate training: Cancellation of appointments free of charge is possible until 3:00 p.m. the day before at the latest; lesson appointments on Monday must be cancelled by 3:00 p.m. on Friday at the latest.
- Change of course: A change of course level must be requested in writing to the secretary’s office no later than Thursday, 4:00 p.m., for the following week. Please note that in many cases a level change can only be made after consultation with the previous teacher and a separate reclassification.
- Cancellation of the course is possible free of charge up to two weeks before the start, after which the following cancellation fees will be charged: up to one week before the start of the course: € 50; up to Friday, 12:00 noon before the start of the course: course fee for one course week; after this period, but still before the start of the course: the registration fee plus the course fee for one course week or one course month (in the case of evening courses) or in the case of individual lessons for two individual lessons.
- After the beginning of the course, the cancellation of a course or a reduction in the number of lessons is only possible in the cases provided for by law (further regulations in our General Terms and Conditions).
- Cancellation of a rented room is possible with a four-week notice period (further regulations in our GTC).
- Free services: Placement test, tests, free WLAN in the school, certificate of attendance (to be collected on the last day of classes at the school), certificates from the authorities, student ID card, academic house library (extensive lending and reference collections from the fields of economics, law, computer science, mathematics, university preparation, psychology and languages), computer workstations in the library reading room, arrangement of language tandems, a wide range of recreational events, free student advising via the team of VICTORIA | International University of Applied Sciences.
- Teaching materials: German textbooks approx. € 33-41 per level (course and workbook), English textbooks approx. € 55 per level (course and workbook). The books can also be borrowed for a deposit and a small fee.
Get in touch with us now
Do you have questions about our language courses, language exams, accommodation or our VICTORIA | International University of Applied Sciences?
Then feel free to contact us. We look forward to your request.
Your VICTORIA | Academy of Languages