VICTORIA | Academy of Languages
Our main concern is the compliance with data security and data protection regulations according to EU-GDPR and DSAnpUG-EU. We would like to inform you below about the processing and use of your data.
The Internationale Hochschule für Wirtschaft, Technik und Kultur gGmbH processes and uses your data exclusively within the scope of legal regulations.
- Name and contact details of the controller and the data protection officer
Internationale Hochschule für Wirtschaft, Technik und Kultur gGmbH
Bernburger Straße 24/25
10963 Berlin – Germany
Tel.: +49 30 206176-70
Fax: +49 30 206176-71
Registered office: Berlin
Managing Director: Hans-Dieter Sauer
Data Protection Officer:
F+U Rhein-Main-Neckar gGmbH
Tel.: +49 6151 8719-33
Fax: +49 6151 8719-79
- Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose of their use
The use of our website is generally possible without providing personal information. Every access to our homepage and every retrieval of a file stored on the homepage is logged. The storage serves internal system-related and statistical purposes. To be logged:
- the name of the retrieved file
- the date and time of request
- the amount of data transferred
- notification of successful retrieval
- web browser and requesting domain
- IP addresses of the requesting systems
- used browsers, operating systems and your access provider.
The above-mentioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- Ensuring a smooth connection setup and comfortable use of the website.
- Evaluation of system security and stability.
- For further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 (1) S.1 lit. f DSGVO. Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes listed above.
In no case will this data be used to draw conclusions about your person.
If you have any questions about our offers, we offer you the opportunity to contact us using the forms provided on our website.
In doing so, we require your e-mail address and name so that we know from whom the inquiry originates and so that we can answer it. This information is always provided on a voluntary basis and will not be passed on to third parties without your express consent.
Further personal data is only collected if you provide this information voluntarily.
Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para.1 p.1 lit. a DSGVO on the basis of your voluntarily given consent.
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be deleted after six months after final completion of your request. If your data is used for pre-contractual agreements (offers, etc.), we delete it after 18 months.
The purpose of the data processing is to respond to your inquiry about our educational offers listed on the websites or your application or registration.
On our websites, we provide you with online registration options for our language courses, language trips, language exams and accommodation selection.
You will be asked to provide the following data:
- First name, last name,
- e-mail address,
- country of origin,
- date of birth,
- desired language,
- if applicable, rental period and type, special features,
- if applicable, travel dates and fellow travelers.
The data processing for the purpose of online registration with us is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para.1 p.1 lit. a DSGVO on the basis of your voluntarily given consent.
The collection of this data takes place,
- to be able to identify you as a customer,
- to be able to advise and inform you appropriately
- for invoicing purposes,
- for customer, student, course, school and examination administration.
The data processing is carried out at your request and is necessary according to Art. 6 para.1 p.1 lit. b DSGVO for the aforementioned purposes for the appropriate provision of services and for the mutual fulfillment of obligations arising from a contractual agreement.
The personal data collected by us for the fulfillment of the contract will be stored until the expiry of the legal obligation to retain data for schools and then deleted, unless we are obliged to store the data for a longer period of time in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c DSGVO due to tax and commercial law retention and documentation obligations (from HGB, StGB or AO) or you have consented to a storage beyond this in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a DSG-VO.
The purpose of the data processing is the recording of your online registration for our educational offers listed on the websites.
We would like to point out that data transmission on the Internet (e.g., communication by e-mail) can have security gaps. Complete protection of data against access by third parties is not possible.
The use of contact data published within the framework of the imprint obligation by third parties for the purpose of sending unsolicited advertising and information materials is hereby expressly prohibited. The operators of the pages expressly reserve the right to take legal action in the event of the unsolicited sending of advertising information, such as spam mails.
The website contains links to other websites, which are subject to the liability of the respective site operators. At the time of linking, no legal violations were apparent.
Facebook Fan Pages
The use of our fan page on Facebook is associated with the creation or existence of a Facebook account.
For this purpose, the specification of:
- First name, last name,
- E-mail address or mobile phone number,
- date of birth
Additional personal information, whether in public or private mode, must be provided by you in the settings of your account.
Facebook and the Internationale Hochschule für Wirtschaft, Technik und Kultur gGmbH are both responsible for the processing of personal data.
According to this amendment, we are obliged to forward all user enquiries or contacts of the supervisory authorities directly to Facebook using a form in order to obtain a joint clarification.
Data processing by the Internationale Hochschule für Wirtschaft, Technik und Kultur gGmbH is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 Sec. 1 S.1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent and Art. 6 Sec. 1 S.1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest derives from the purposes for data collection listed there.
The purpose of data processing is to provide information and advice on our school and educational offerings.
- Disclosure of data
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent to this (e.g. to potential practice companies), in accordance with Art. 6 (1) S.1 lit. a GDPR
- the disclosure, in accordance with Art. 6 (1) S.1 lit. f GDPR, is necessary to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to believe that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data.
- in the event that a legal obligation exists for the disclosure in accordance with Art. 6 (1) S.1 lit. c GDPR, and
- this is permitted by law and is required by Art. 6 (1) S.1 lit. b GDPR for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
- A transfer of your data to third countries is not planned.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a specified period of time to optimise user-friendliness. If you revisit our pages to use our services, it is automatically recognised that you have already visited us and which inputs and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is required for the aforementioned purposes in order to protect our legitimate interests as well as 3. In accordance with Art. 6 Sec.1 S.1 lit. f GDPR. Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, disabling cookies completely may mean that they cannot use every feature of our website.
- Analysis Services
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Art. 6 (1) S.1 lit. f GDPR. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure that our websites are designed to meet requirements and are continually optimized. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures in order to statistically record the use of our websites and to evaluate them for the purpose of optimizing our services for you. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be taken from the corresponding tracking tool.
Use of Google Analytics / Remarketing and Google Adwords
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, Google will reduce your IP address within Member States of the European Union or in other countries party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area beforehand.
Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the US and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with other services related to website and internet use. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be combined with other data from Google.
Further information and the data protection regulations can be found in Google’s data protection declaration at
This website uses the online advertising program “Google AdWords” and conversion tracking as part of this. The conversion tracking cookie is set when a user clicks on an ad served by Google. These cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of this website and the cookie has not yet expired, we and Google can see that the user has clicked on the ad and has been redirected to this page. Each Google AdWords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies cannot therefore be traced through AdWords advertisers’ websites.
The information gathered using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for AdWords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. Customers see the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, you will not receive any information that personally identifies users. Users who do not wish to participate in tracking can easily disable the Google Conversion Tracking cookie via their Internet browser under User Preferences. These users are not included in the conversion tracking statistics.
Use of Hotjar
This website uses the web analysis service Hotjar of Hotjar Ltd.
Hotjar Ltd. is a European based company based in Malta (Hotjar Ltd, Level 2, St Julians Business Center, 3, Elia Zammit Street, St Julian’s STJ 1000, Malta.
With this tool, movements on the websites where Hotjar is used to understand (so-called heat maps). So the movement behavior is recognizable by you, how far you scroll and which buttons you click how many times. Furthermore, the tool also allows feedback to be obtained directly from the users of the website. In this way, we gain valuable information to make our websites faster and more customer-friendly.
When visiting our websites, we can only register which buttons you click and how far you scroll. Areas of the websites in which personal data of you or third parties are displayed are automatically hidden by Hotjar and are thus at no time comprehensible.
Hotjar offers you the possibility of using a “Do Not Track header” to prevent the use of the tool Hotjar, so that no data about the visit of the respective websites are recorded. This is a setting that supports all common browsers in current versions. For this purpose, your browser sends a request to Hotjar, with the hint to disable the Tracking of the respective user. If you use sipgate websites with different browsers / computers, you must set up the “Do Not Track header” for each of these browsers or platforms separately.
Detailed instructions with information about your browser can be found at:
More information about Hotjar Ltd. and via the Hotjar tool, visit:
Use of Facebook Remarketing
This website uses the Facebook Customer’s “Custom Audiences” remarketing feature (“Facebook”). This function serves to present visitors to this website with interest-based advertisements (“Facebook Ads”) during their visit to the social network Facebook. For this purpose, the Facebook remarketing tag was implemented on this website. On this day, a direct connection to the Facebook servers is made when visiting the website. It is transmitted to the Facebook server that you have visited this website and Facebook assigns this information to your personal Facebook user account. For more information on the collection and use of data by Facebook, as well as your rights in this respect and ways to protect your privacy, see the data protection information of Facebook at
Alternatively, you can use the remarketing feature “Custom Audiences” under
deactivate. For this you must be logged in to Facebook.
- Rights of the persons concerned
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of correction, deletion, restriction of processing or objection the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if not collected by us, and the existence of an automated decision-making process, including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about its details;
- to immediately demand the correction of incorrect or completed personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
- to demand the deletion of your personal data stored with us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, if the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you refuse to delete it and we no longer need the data, which are, however, required for asserting, exercising or defending legal claims or you have lodged an objection against the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another person responsible;
- in accordance with Art. 7 (3) GDPR, you may at any time revoke your consent once given to us. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future, and
- to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or place of work or our company headquarters.
- Right of objection
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 Sec.1 S.1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, they have a general right of objection, which we implement without providing details of a specific situation. If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to the data protection officer firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data security
We use the popular SSL procedure in conjunction with the highest encryption level supported by your browser for your website visits. In general, this is a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support them, we will use 128 bit V3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is encrypted is indicated by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the status bar of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
- Updating and changing this data protection declaration
Due to the further development of our websites and offers above or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to adapt this data protection declaration. The current data protection declaration can be downloaded at any time from our website https://www.victoria-languages.de/en/privacy-policy/.